TO APPLY please fill out the online form
Summer Camp Intern: Camp is 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday Beginning June 11
Joy of the People is a back to the future idea that kids are healthier, learn the skills of the game better, and grow together with lot's of unstructured play.
Joy of the People is a Non-Proﬁt 501(c)(3) that promotes the idea of soccer free play as a way to build healthy kids and communities. At JOTP we believe that soccer should be inclusive, fun, creative and cooperative long before it becomes competitive. Our programs are famous for their simple happiness. Kids are allowed to accept and expand on each challenge, growing their love of the game, discovering the Joy of play, the Joy of friendship, the Joy of creativity, and the Joy of the People.
The Mission of Joy of the People is to support the idea of unstructured play as important part of a child’s development; To build small soccer spaces for kids to play; To serve disadvantaged youth; and To build community spirit.
At JOTP we play everyday and we are looking for High School and College age girls and boys to intern and mentor kids through our program.
JOTP selects a small group of High School or College age young adults to serve as JOTP Interns. JOTP Interns serve a crucial role in the successful delivery of JOTP Programs Responsibilities of Interns include but are not limited to the following:
* Assisting in implementing of JOTP soccer programs
* Assisting in planing and implementing of JOTP education programs
* Planning and coordination of community events such as our Free Play Outreach program
* Building capacity of JOTP staff and coaches
* Assisting with program monitoring and evaluation
* Assisting in curriculum and business development
Interns gain valuable work experience in Youth Development through Sports. Most importantly, Interns develop meaningful, long-term relationships with the community to help build local capacity and ownership over JOTP Programs.
Ideal Intern candidates are genuinely and wholeheartedly committed to Joy of the People's mission and methods. These candidates will also be creative, passionate, hard-working, independent, culturally-sensitive, open-minded, insightful, and responsible. Additionally, they will possess and demonstrate:
* Enthusiasm for and experience working with young people;
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
* Passion for soccer and general sports and health and development;
* Excellent computer skills;
* Practical leadership experience; and
* A genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young children!
The normal term of service for an Intern is 3-6 weeks 3-6 hours/day.
TO APPLY please fill out the online form
Communications Internship | JOTP
We are looking for someone that wants actual experience; we can get our own coffee. This is about getting your hands dirty in real world communications from traditional to new media in a fast paced environment.
Provide editorial and multimedia support for the organization including online materials for parents, coaches and players. Great, hands-on, opportunity for student interested in public relations/communications.
Writing/updating web site content, including, but not limited to
• Email releases
• Online content
• Events calendar listings
• Weekly stories and notes
• Social media
• Writing feature articles and news items for various channels
• Collecting and expanding audio, photo and video content offerings
1) Improve breadth and depth of online content
2) Contribute to construction and organization of online resource library
3) Assist in public relations functions
4) assist in fundrasising functions
Qualifications and Experience
1) Current student or recent graduate in journalism, PR, communications or similar discipline
2) Strong writing and computer skills
3) Excellent attention to detail
4) Desire for career in sports, preferably with some sports-specific work experience
5) Openness to work weekends and travel (travel if mutually agreeable)
6) Comfort working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
7) Knowledge in HTML and Photoshop preferred
8) Experience in soccer preferred
Email your cover letter and resume to Ted at
2017 INTERN as the subject line.